OpenBCM V1.06 (Linux)

Packet Radio Mailbox

ED1ZAC

[C.D.G. OpenBCM]

 Login: GUEST





  
CX2SA  > SATDIG   12.02.19 19:15l 781 Lines 26024 Bytes #6 (0) @ WW
BID : AMSATBB1464
Read: GUEST
Subj: AMSAT-BB-digest V14 64
Path: ED1ZAC<ED1ZAC<IZ3LSV<I0OJJ<N6RME<CX2SA
Sent: 190212/1758Z @:CX2SA.SAL.URY.SOAM #:65471 [Salto] FBB7.00e $:AMSATBB1464

>From cx2sa%cx2sa.sal.ury.soam@i0ojj.ampr.org Tue Feb 12 19:00:21 2019
Received: from i0ojj.ampr.org by i0ojj.ampr.org (JNOS2.0k.3b) with SMTP
	id AA80786 ; Tue, 12 Feb 2019 19:00:21 +0100
Message-Id: <AMSATBB1464@n6rme.bbs>
>From: cx2sa@cx2sa.sal.ury.soam
X-JNOS-User-Port: Telnet   (n6rme @ 44.134.32.240)  -> Sending message

From: CX2SA@CX2SA.SAL.URY.SOAM
To  : SATDIG@WW

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: Solar panel inverters--radio noise? (Phil)
   2. Re: CW timings for amateur radio satellite beacons
      (Douglas Quagliana)
   3. Re: Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100 (Simon Brown)
   4. Re: Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100 (Mike Seguin)
   5. Delaware (BeetleJerald Oliver)
   6. Re: Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100 (Jean Marc Momple)
   7. Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100 (skristof@???????.????
   8. Re: Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100 (Andrew Glasbrenner)
   9. Re: Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100 (Joe)
  10. Re: Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100 (Mike Seguin)
  11. Re: Grid square entries (Don KB2YSI)
  12. Re: Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100 (Graham Shirville)
  13. Re: Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100 (Jean Marc Momple)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 15:53:16 +1030
From: Phil <phil_lor@???????.???>
To: amsat-bb@?????.???
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Solar panel inverters--radio noise?
Message-ID: <9c6d9fc4-a114-423e-2e54-ebec9d99c7eb@???????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed

On 11/2/19 2:01 pm, Robert Bragg wrote:
> I have a 7kw SMA Sunny Boy inverter and I can say that I have experienced
> no noticeable interference.

I also have a Sunny Boy inverter, two in fact, and they produce almost
no RF noise. It's a different story with the LED lights; noise right
across the RF spectrum. I have the same problem with the solar regulator
and LED lights in my motorhome.

--
Regards,
Phil


------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 09:00:00 -0600
From: Douglas Quagliana <dquagliana@?????.???>
To: Jim Walls <jim@?????.???>
Cc: AMSAT -BB <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] CW timings for amateur radio satellite beacons
Message-ID:
<CALaYSmk1+m2wJi6A=XUDpcdJcPA46TYypSDTUL+uRPDEzp2yrg@????.?????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

Hi Jim,
   Yes, WPM is the standard, but WPM alone doesn't tell you exactly
how long the dits, dahs and delays are (see, for example, Farnsworth).

   What I am trying to do is determine if a given recording has any CW
telemetry in it and at what frequency, not just to get the telemetry but
also to perform Doppler measurements.  For example, HO-68 sends the
CW telemetry and it always starts with "BJ1SA XW XW" and always
ends with "XW XW". These are always sent at the same speed with
the same spacing. The telemetry values in between change, obviously,
but you can calculate a minimum and maximum amount of time for the
telemetry to be sent so you can place some limits on how long after
"BJ1SA XW XW" you should find the trailing "XW XW".  If you see both
of these, then you know that you have found CW telemetry from HO-68.
Even if the signal is too weak to get all of the telemetry, you could still
use the frequency that you found "BJ1SA XW XW" for Doppler
measurements.

   But in order to get a computer/DSP algorithm to look for "BJ1SA
XW XW" you need to specify exactly how long each dit, dah and delay
lasts so that the computer knows what to look for.  The more accurate the
measurements of dits, dahs, and delays, and the longer the CW sequence
that you know for sure, the further into the noise you should be able to
detect the CW signal.  Now for HO-68, it looks like a dit is 80
milliseconds,
dah is 240, and the delays are 80, 400 and 720 milliseconds.  I found these
timing values and I was hopeful that someone had compiled a list of CW
timings for other satellites that send CW telemetry.  I hope this explains
my request.
73,
Douglas KA2UPW/5

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 2:21 PM Jim Walls <jim@?????.???> wrote:

> On 01/27/2019 13:14, Douglas Quagliana wrote:
> >     I am looking for exact dit time, dah time, intra-letter timings,
> > inter-letter timings and inter-word timings for CW beacons from amateur
> > radio satellites.  For example, AO-999, dit time 52 milliseconds, dah
> time
> > 156 milliseconds... and so on.
> >
> >     Is there a comprehensive list that gives precise timing information
> for
> > the CW beacons sent by various amateur radio satellites?
>
>
> My guess is that no one has even considered such a thought.  mSec is not
> exactly the most common timing for CW speed - WPM is.  You might state
> what you are trying to accomplish.
>
>
> --
> 73
> -------------------------------------
> Jim Walls - K6CCC
> jim@?????.???
> Ofc:  818-548-4804
> http://members.dslextreme.com/users/k6ccc/
> AMSAT Member 32537 - WSWSS Member 395
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
> expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
> AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>


------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 15:37:03 -0000
From: "Simon Brown" <simon@?????????.???>
To: "'AMSAT'" <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100
Message-ID: <09ef01d4c2e8$cd8602a0$689207e0$@?????????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain;	charset="UTF-8"

Quite a few stations on the narrow band (voice) transponder right now. It's
open for experimental use.

https://amsat-dl.org/

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com


-----Original Message-----
From: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???> On Behalf Of Graham Shirville
Sent: 11 February 2019 10:56
To: AMSAT <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100

A relay from the UK Microwave group with a request from the Chairman of BATC
which is fully supported by AMSAT-UK of course. Please be patient.

73
Graham
G3VZV



------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 11:44:59 -0500
From: Mike Seguin <n1jez@?????????????????.???>
To: AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100
Message-ID:
<97747e98-0aca-e061-4750-b8fcc4477f96@?????????????????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed

Just heard G3WDG and DB6NT in QSO via the Goonhilly SDR.

https://eshail.batc.org.uk/nb/

On 2/12/2019 10:37 AM, Simon Brown wrote:
> Quite a few stations on the narrow band (voice) transponder right now.
It's open for experimental use.
>
> https://amsat-dl.org/
>
> Simon Brown, G4ELI
> www.sdr-radio.com
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???> On Behalf Of Graham Shirville
> Sent: 11 February 2019 10:56
> To: AMSAT <amsat-bb@?????.???>
> Subject: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100
>
> A relay from the UK Microwave group with a request from the Chairman of
BATC which is fully supported by AMSAT-UK of course. Please be patient.
>
> 73
> Graham
> G3VZV
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>

--

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"


------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 16:54:18 +0000 (UTC)
From: BeetleJerald Oliver <revjwo@???.???>
To: <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: [amsat-bb] Delaware
Message-ID: <2044259044.2408575.1549990458833@????.?????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

Is Delaware still in the U.S.?   Need the state for WAS.....Be willing to
sked with someone for contact.....It is the only state I have not
confirmed.....

KJ4EU    Jerry


------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 20:59:36 +0400
From: Jean Marc Momple <jean.marc.momple@?????.???>
To: n1jez@?????????????????.???
Cc: AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100
Message-ID: <71A85715-B5E0-47F7-8E38-961016E55592@?????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain;	charset=us-ascii

Mike,

Heard many stations in QSO today really strong (loud and clear), seems that
the bird will be very popular in these low solar times. Also it seems that
strong signal with 5-10 watts in 70 cm dish for uplink is confirmed from
many, therefore the forecast in terms of power budget seems confirmed so far.

Myself refraining to Tx per AMSAT-DL recommendation (just a question of
discipline) but will surely do so by Friday.

73



Jean Marc (3B8DU)

> On Feb 12, 2019, at 8:44 PM, Mike Seguin <n1jez@?????????????????.???>
wrote:
>
> Just heard G3WDG and DB6NT in QSO via the Goonhilly SDR.
>
> https://eshail.batc.org.uk/nb/
>
> On 2/12/2019 10:37 AM, Simon Brown wrote:
>> Quite a few stations on the narrow band (voice) transponder right now.
It's open for experimental use.
>> https://amsat-dl.org/
>> Simon Brown, G4ELI
>> www.sdr-radio.com
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???> On Behalf Of Graham Shirville
>> Sent: 11 February 2019 10:56
>> To: AMSAT <amsat-bb@?????.???>
>> Subject: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100
>> A relay from the UK Microwave group with a request from the Chairman of
BATC which is fully supported by AMSAT-UK of course. Please be patient.
>> 73
>> Graham
>> G3VZV
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
>> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
Opinions expressed
>> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
AMSAT-NA.
>> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
>> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>
> --
>
> 73,
> Mike, N1JEZ
> "A closed mouth gathers no feet"
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb



------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 11:59:01 -0500
From: skristof@???????.???
To: amsat-bb@?????.???
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100
Message-ID: <9bba94c47056b62f43685ea841346504@???????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII

That's pretty cool. Thanks for the link!

Steve AI9IN

On 2019-02-12 11:44, Mike Seguin wrote:

> Just heard G3WDG and DB6NT in QSO via the Goonhilly SDR.
>
> https://eshail.batc.org.uk/nb/

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 12:19:17 -0500
From: "Andrew Glasbrenner" <glasbrenner@??????????.???>
To: "'Jean Marc Momple'" <jean.marc.momple@?????.???>,
<n1jez@?????????????????.???>
Cc: 'AMSAT BB' <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100
Message-ID: <05d601d4c2f7$161850f0$4248f2d0$@??????????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain;	charset="us-ascii"

AMSAT-DL opened it this morning.

https://amsat-dl.org/qo-100-nb-transponder-experimental-operation

73, Drew KO4MA

-----Original Message-----
From: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???> On Behalf Of Jean Marc Momple
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:00 PM
To: n1jez@?????????????????.???
Cc: AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100

Mike,

Heard many stations in QSO today really strong (loud and clear), seems that
the bird will be very popular in these low solar times. Also it seems that
strong signal with 5-10 watts in 70 cm dish for uplink is confirmed from
many, therefore the forecast in terms of power budget seems confirmed so
far.

Myself refraining to Tx per AMSAT-DL recommendation (just a question of
discipline) but will surely do so by Friday.

73



Jean Marc (3B8DU)

> On Feb 12, 2019, at 8:44 PM, Mike Seguin <n1jez@?????????????????.???>
wrote:
>
> Just heard G3WDG and DB6NT in QSO via the Goonhilly SDR.
>
> https://eshail.batc.org.uk/nb/
>
> On 2/12/2019 10:37 AM, Simon Brown wrote:
>> Quite a few stations on the narrow band (voice) transponder right now.
It's open for experimental use.
>> https://amsat-dl.org/
>> Simon Brown, G4ELI
>> www.sdr-radio.com
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???> On Behalf Of Graham
>> Shirville
>> Sent: 11 February 2019 10:56
>> To: AMSAT <amsat-bb@?????.???>
>> Subject: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100 A relay from
>> the UK Microwave group with a request from the Chairman of BATC which is
fully supported by AMSAT-UK of course. Please be patient.
>> 73
>> Graham
>> G3VZV
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
>> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
>> Opinions expressed are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the
official views of AMSAT-NA.
>> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite
program!
>> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>
> --
>
> 73,
> Mike, N1JEZ
> "A closed mouth gathers no feet"
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
> Opinions expressed are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the
official views of AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb

_______________________________________________
Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available to all
interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
expressed are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official
views of AMSAT-NA.
Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb



------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 11:19:34 -0600
From: Joe <nss@???.???>
To: Simon Brown <simon@?????????.???>, 'AMSAT' <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100
Message-ID: <4704c4e5-4abf-fc6b-1642-bdba416e06ef@???.???>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252; format=flowed

Could someone make a live streaming audio of this thing so us here in
the west can hear whats happening?

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 2/12/2019 9:37 AM, Simon Brown wrote:
> Quite a few stations on the narrow band (voice) transponder right now.
It's open for experimental use.
>
> https://amsat-dl.org/
>
> Simon Brown, G4ELI
> www.sdr-radio.com
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???> On Behalf Of Graham Shirville
> Sent: 11 February 2019 10:56
> To: AMSAT <amsat-bb@?????.???>
> Subject: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100
>
> A relay from the UK Microwave group with a request from the Chairman of
BATC which is fully supported by AMSAT-UK of course. Please be patient.
>
> 73
> Graham
> G3VZV
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>
>



------------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 12:30:14 -0500
From: Mike Seguin <n1jez@?????????????????.???>
To: AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100
Message-ID:
<7ad195d1-284f-9a5a-7c38-7205d08690a9@?????????????????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed

It's interesting in the time I've been tuning/listening how many calls I
recognized from the AO-10/13/40 days that I've haven't worked in years.

On 2/12/2019 11:44 AM, Mike Seguin wrote:
> Just heard G3WDG and DB6NT in QSO via the Goonhilly SDR.
>
> https://eshail.batc.org.uk/nb/
>
73,
Mike, N1JEZ
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"


------------------------------

Message: 11
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 12:37:27 -0500
From: Don KB2YSI <kb2ysi@?????.???>
To: "Dr. Robert Keating" <dr.bob@????????????????.???>
Cc: AMSAT-BB@?????.???
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Grid square entries
Message-ID:
<CAAJiE8PKSbNKGfqT4j1yE0q7JyjLfMHjfnSn12vt7UK8gTk15g@????.?????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

That is correct, make a new/different location base on where you operated
from. You then use that location when you sign & upload the log to LoTW.

I have locations that I rove to on a semi-regular basis along with my
normal home QTH location.



On Mon, Feb 11, 2019, 15:20 Dr. Robert Keating <dr.bob@????????????????.???>
wrote:

> In light of the roving expeditions to rare grid squares this past weekend,
> I
> wanted to verify how these grid squares are entered into our logs on LoTW.
> From what I remember, when setting up a station in TQSL you have the
> opportunity to create different station locations along with the grid
> square
> for each location. Is this correct? I want to be sure I have this right
> because I am heading out to Arches, Canyonlands and Capitol Reef National
> Parks in April and I will be operating on the FM birds from there. Thanks.
>
> 73,
>
> Bob N6REK
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
> expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
> AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>


------------------------------

Message: 12
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 17:49:07 +0000
From: Graham Shirville <graham@?????????.???>
To: Joe <nss@???.???>, Simon Brown <simon@?????????.???>,	'AMSAT'
<amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100
Message-ID: <a2a76075-b377-a979-6dde-1d10c1009819@?????????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed

Hi Joe,

Just go to the https://eshail.batc.org.uk/ website which includes a
websdr so you can hear all the signals in the nb transponder and see the
spectrum of the wb one!

I have just had my first QSO via QO-100 - with Paul M0EYT? the
transponder is very sensitive...my uplink patch (an old G3RUH one from
AO40 days) is held in place with gaffer tape.

As you say "Enjoy!"

73
Graham
G3VZV
On 12/02/2019 17:19, Joe wrote:
> Could someone make a live streaming audio of this thing so us here in
> the west can hear whats happening?
>
> Joe WB9SBD
> Sig
> The Original Rolling Ball Clock
> Idle Tyme
> Idle-Tyme.com
> http://www.idle-tyme.com
> On 2/12/2019 9:37 AM, Simon Brown wrote:
>> Quite a few stations on the narrow band (voice) transponder right
>> now. It's open for experimental use.
>>
>> https://amsat-dl.org/
>>
>> Simon Brown, G4ELI
>> www.sdr-radio.com
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???> On Behalf Of Graham
>> Shirville
>> Sent: 11 February 2019 10:56
>> To: AMSAT <amsat-bb@?????.???>
>> Subject: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100
>>
>> A relay from the UK Microwave group with a request from the Chairman
>> of BATC which is fully supported by AMSAT-UK of course. Please be
>> patient.
>>
>> 73
>> Graham
>> G3VZV
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
>> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
>> Opinions expressed
>> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views
>> of AMSAT-NA.
>> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite
>> program!
>> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
> Opinions expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views
> of AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite
> program!
> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb


------------------------------

Message: 13
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 21:52:25 +0400
From: Jean Marc Momple <jean.marc.momple@?????.???>
To: Andrew Glasbrenner <glasbrenner@??????????.???>
Cc: AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100
Message-ID: <7CCFCF1D-31AE-4605-8325-B76702CAA844@?????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain;	charset=us-ascii

Andrew,

Thanks to have shared, was not aware of that communication. And to all who
may have been somehow been embarrassed by my comments about the HAM
discipline etc. Please accept my apologies for same.

This side no luck, my setup was ready over a year ago and tested many times,
today trying to Tx (after your mail) I have a high SWR and cannot access the
bird, will have to wait Saturday to figure it out and hopefully make my 1st
QSO through the bird.

73


Jean Marc (3B8DU)

> On Feb 12, 2019, at 9:19 PM, Andrew Glasbrenner
<glasbrenner@??????????.???> wrote:
>
> AMSAT-DL opened it this morning.
>
> https://amsat-dl.org/qo-100-nb-transponder-experimental-operation
>
> 73, Drew KO4MA
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???> On Behalf Of Jean Marc Momple
> Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:00 PM
> To: n1jez@?????????????????.???
> Cc: AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@?????.???>
> Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100
>
> Mike,
>
> Heard many stations in QSO today really strong (loud and clear), seems that
> the bird will be very popular in these low solar times. Also it seems that
> strong signal with 5-10 watts in 70 cm dish for uplink is confirmed from
> many, therefore the forecast in terms of power budget seems confirmed so
> far.
>
> Myself refraining to Tx per AMSAT-DL recommendation (just a question of
> discipline) but will surely do so by Friday.
>
> 73
>
>
>
> Jean Marc (3B8DU)
>
>> On Feb 12, 2019, at 8:44 PM, Mike Seguin <n1jez@?????????????????.???>
> wrote:
>>
>> Just heard G3WDG and DB6NT in QSO via the Goonhilly SDR.
>>
>> https://eshail.batc.org.uk/nb/
>>
>> On 2/12/2019 10:37 AM, Simon Brown wrote:
>>> Quite a few stations on the narrow band (voice) transponder right now.
> It's open for experimental use.
>>> https://amsat-dl.org/
>>> Simon Brown, G4ELI
>>> www.sdr-radio.com
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???> On Behalf Of Graham
>>> Shirville
>>> Sent: 11 February 2019 10:56
>>> To: AMSAT <amsat-bb@?????.???>
>>> Subject: [amsat-bb] Fwd: Re: [UKMicrowaves] OSCAR-100 A relay from
>>> the UK Microwave group with a request from the Chairman of BATC which is
> fully supported by AMSAT-UK of course. Please be patient.
>>> 73
>>> Graham
>>> G3VZV
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
>>> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
>>> Opinions expressed are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the
> official views of AMSAT-NA.
>>> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite
> program!
>>> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>>
>> --
>>
>> 73,
>> Mike, N1JEZ
>> "A closed mouth gathers no feet"
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
>> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
>> Opinions expressed are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the
> official views of AMSAT-NA.
>> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
>> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available to all
> interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
> expressed are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official
> views of AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>



------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Sent via amsat-bb@?????.???.
AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available to all interested persons worldwide
without requiring membership.  Opinions expressed
are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
AMSAT-NA.
Not an AMSAT member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb

------------------------------

End of AMSAT-BB Digest, Vol 14, Issue 64
****************************************



Read previous mail | Read next mail


 17.02.2019 00:55:36lGo Back Go up